1. Checkin at 4 more NHL games per level
    2. Only 1 checkin a day counts

Unlock instructions verified 01/18/2013

Venue:
    http://4sq.com/KgSDva
    http://4sq.com/SWTJVN
    http://4sq.com/106NVGy
    http://4sq.com/XJUG1b

Here is the NHL Sechdule so you can find when and where the next game will be
  • JR1JR1 January 2013
    Unlock Message:
    "Lucky you, on Foursquare checking in gets you a badge, not a penalty. Keep checking in to NHL games to level up & become the ultimate NHL fan! Use this 15% Shop.NHL.com discount to gear up for the next game: foursquare15. "
  • JR1JR1 January 2013
    Space for future updates
  • JR1JR1 January 2013
    BADGE NOW ACTIVE
  • LikesTravelLikesTravel January 2013
    Any NHL Game count , and also olds checked in also count ....... Just unlock at Pholadelphia with 1 check in
  • James_Park January 2013
    I just unlocked this badge!! But i can't see the badge in my trophy case!!
    Why?? Anybody knows??
  • JR1JR1 January 2013
    Standard 4sqr glitch. Gove them a few days or more but eventually they will get it fixed
  • vanzvanz January 2013
    Venue?
  • Gert January 2013
    I already got 3 teams badges, but cant unlock NHL badge, why?
  • JR1JR1 January 2013
    Did you follow the NHL?
  • Gert January 2013
    Yes, I've followed since last week
  • girl_0627girl_0627 January 2013
    Me too, I've followed.. But still can't able to get the badge.
  • Gert January 2013
    Ive got it! @girl_0627: you need to check in on 2 different day to unlocked this badge, unless you ever check in to last year NHL match.
  • girl_0627girl_0627 January 2013
    I see, thanks.. gonna try again.
  • chicJSchicJS January 2013
    @Gert That's why I still don't get the badge even though I checked in 2 different games yesterday! Thanks!
  • djfadedjfade January 2013
    This badge is not leveling up for me. I've had valid check-ins to multiple games over multiple days. Hmmmm...
  • Steakpak January 2013
    @djfade I believe only one checkin a day counts. It's only been 4 days that the badge has been active. So it's not possible to get level 2 yet.

Edit: being that previous checkins count, some people will have level 2 already. I just checked into the capitals game and unlocked level 2 of this badge.
  • vecvec January 2013
    Past check-ins definitely count. I am up to level 4.
  • djfadedjfade January 2013
    Thanks @Steakpak. I'm sure it'll work for me now.
  • reenavipulreenavipul February 2013
    I follow the NHL, I've checked in at 2 Phoenix coyote games this season(jumped 1 game out of market) (and 30+ games last year @ MSG) and no love so far.
  • Steakpak February 2013
    @reenavipul There's not much to say to that besides make sure the checkins are giving you points and make sure you select the event from the drop-down. Only other thing is to keep checking in and hope the badge pops.
  • reenavipulreenavipul February 2013
    Checked into events, getting points, even getting other badges; fat lot of nothin for NHL badge

I'd understand if it was like the Carolina Panthers badge where you physically have to be there, except I've been @ 2 Coyote games on top of the 4 venues I was at last season. Is there another NHL page, that I'm not following?
  • SatSat February 2013
    @reenavipul and @Steakpak
    we were in Nassau just yestarday and for absolutely new account it didn't work not only FakeGPS check in but real in-game check in
    neither for NHL check in nor for team-badges
    the same accoutn today got badge like 10 different places so it is not invalid or something like that

i personally checked new account friends all 4sq-recommended-pages

coming back, i have seen some people got 6x for no-game conditions

so, i can conclude that HWF old links work for leveling but real check ins are ignored
    or it is permanent bug in 4sq database, because I asked my friends who where in LA last week - they couldn't uplock NHL badge either

so, 4sq level are now to real cheaters, the rest can be free :)
  • BangGowesBangGowes February 2013
    Cheaters? My my....:-|
  • SatSat February 2013
    Would you prefer 'bypathers'?
  • BangGowesBangGowes February 2013
    Hmmm, seems there is still a glitch/bug/system error for NHL & team badges with real c/i (?) Anyway, good luck everybody for those badge(s), whatever way you choose to earn it. Cheers!
  • mrzaimmrzaim March 2013
    unlocking now at Nassau Veterans Memorial Colloseum
  • teams are still unlocking but this badge hasn't unlocked in 3 days when it should have, believed it is retired for the season for now cc @JR1
  • JR1JR1 May 2013
    Thanks for the heads up.. will check on it and see what I can find
  • JumparkerJumparker May 2013
    Are the NHL team badges still leveling as hockey play offs done?
  • Teams are still leveling, NHL badge is NOT

playoffs are far from done yet
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List