Live More Smart Badge
  • JR1JR1 May 2012
    How to Unlock
    1. Follow Smart Communications, Inc.
    2. Checkin at Mall of Asia Arena
    3. Checkin May 21, 2012 and May 22, 2012 from 6:00pm-2:00am (local time GMT/UTC + 08:00 hour)
    4. The badge will unlock once there are 250 people checked in

Badge specific to Pasay City, Metro Manila

Unlock Instructions verified on 05/17/2012

Venue
    http://4sq.com/u1FrT9
  • JR1JR1 May 2012
    Unlock Message

Going through life one epic moment at a time! You can also win a Samsung Galaxy Nexus from Smart! More info here: http://bit.ly/Smart4sq . Well, aren’t you a lively one? #LiveMore
  • JR1JR1 May 2012
    Space for future updates

• JR1JR1 May 2012
    Here is a preview of what the badge could look like:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • TymoraTymora May 2012
    That's not high-fasion enough for a Gaga concert. It needs some stiletto heels and booty shorts
  • JR1JR1 May 2012
    lol... She just had to cancel her concert scheduled for June 3rd in Jakarta, Indonesia because of protests and the national police denied the permit for the concert. Apparently she is a "bad influence" on their children.

With that being said I completely agree @Tymora this badge would be alot better with "some stiletto heels and booty shorts". Would be alot more fitting to her image.
  • BrandonBrandon May 2012
    MEAT DRESS!!!!!! :)
  • The badge refers to events sponsored by Smart Communications. :)
  • TymoraTymora May 2012
    Doesn't matter. If its gonna pop at a Gaga concert it should be as fabulous as Mother Monster :)
  • BrenBren May 2012
    lol... very true
  • MorrMorr May 2012
    @Tymora - I wonder how she let that one get by her? I do agree
  • TymoraTymora May 2012
    No kidding. Even when I got the swarm badge at her concert I expected it to glitter!
  • JR1JR1 May 2012
    Check out this page for more info:
    http://www1.smart.com.ph/Campaigns/smartladygaga/foursquare-check-in-and-win

The best line on the page is:
    "People who are not in the SM Mall of Asia Arena can still check-in and join the promo. We allow jumpers and we like to share our badge to everyone -- even if you’re just at home while we are dancing with Mother Monster! "
  • JR1JR1 May 2012
    Time translation:

6pm-2am in Pasay City: venue/local time (+8 hours)

time to checkin---- city--- (+/- UTC/GMT)

12am-8am Kiritimati (+14 hours)
    10pm-6am Auckland (+12 hours)
    8pm-4am Melbourne, AUS (+10 hours)
    7:30pm-3:30am Darwin (+9.5 hours)
    7pm-3am Tokyo (+9 hours)
    6pm-2am Kuala Lumpur (+8 hours)
    5pm-1am Jakarta (+7 hours)
    4:30pm-12:30am Yangon (+6.5 hours)
    4pm-12am Dhaka (+6 hours)
    3:30pm-11:30pm New Delhi (+5.5 hours)
    3pm-11pm Islamabad (+5 hours)
    2:30pm-10:30pm Tehran (+4.5 hours)
    2pm-10pm Moscow (+4 hours)
    1pm-8pm Kuwait City (+3 hours)
    12pm-8pm Madrid (+2 hours)
    11am-7pm London, UK (+1 hours)
    10am-6pm Reykjavik (+/- 0 hours)
    7:30am-1:30pm St. John's (-3.5 hours)
    7am-1pm Rio de Janeiro (-3 hours)
    6am-2pm NYC (-4 hours)
    5am-1pm Dallas, TX (-5 hours)
    4am-12pm Phoenix, AZ (-6 hours)
    3am-11am Los Angeles, CA (-7 hours)
    2am-10am Anchorage AK (-8 hours)
    12am-8am Honolulu, HI (-10 hours)

For any other cities use this page to find the time differance:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Pasay City is located in the GMT/UTC + 08:00 hour time zone
  • KingReem May 2012
    Thanx for the time conversion @JR1
  • MorrMorr May 2012
    @JR1 you are the best
  • BrenBren May 2012
    Always workin hard for us @JR1 thanx a lot man.
  • Additional info:
    1. The Smart Live More Foursquare badge will be available from 6:00 pm to 2:00 am (Manila time, check conversion above) on May 21 and 22 during the The Lady Gaga The Born This Way Ball.

2. Foursquare users may check-in from 6:00 pm to 2:00 am to unlock the badge at the Mall of Asia Arena venue: https://foursquare.com/v/mall-of-asia-arena/4efaa7486da1f7b663e0f708.

3. 250 check ins are needed to unlock the badge. Everyone will get the badge after the 250th check in. So even if you’re the 1st to 249th check in the badge will still be unlocked and will be pushed to your device.

4. Jumpers (or those users not physically present in the venue) are allowed to check in at the Mall of Asia Arena to receive the badge. Smart wants to share the Live More badge to everyone regardless of where they are.

5. Aside from unlocking the badge, foursquare users can win a Samsung Galaxy Nexus on May 21 or 22. The badge will serve as a raffle entry. Draw will commence days after the concert and winners will be notified by foursquare (Read: foursquare) a week after the concert.

On Item No. 5, there's no waiver that International users can't win so cross-finger everyone. :)
  • BrenBren May 2012
    hmmm I'm on the fence about possibly winning a phone.... I mean I don't really want 4sq to contact me as I'm a jumper and that means I'm "frowned upon". none the less it's cool that they openly want to share this badge with everyone and Im definitely getting it.
  • TymoraTymora May 2012
    @Bren I wouldn't necessarily see it as being pinned as a "jumper". If Smart is more or less asking us to do it then I could see many non-jumpers seeing as "within the rules" and checking in with the rest of the "habitual" jumpers.
  • TymoraTymora May 2012
    *but as a precaution, I encourage those who are going to jump to only use foursquare mobile. While smart is welcoming jumpers, foursquare may frown upon third-party apps all the same*
  • @Tymora thanks for the tips n advice,appreciate.
  • BrenBren May 2012
    sound advice @Tymora thx again :-)
  • DanDan May 2012
    Here is the link if anyone cares to read about it:

http://www1.smart.com.ph/Campaigns/smartladygaga/foursquare-check-in-and-win

Has anyone else heard the old adage; "If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is? May be I'm just too skeptical in my old age;) What I find interesting is that Smart Communications knows about Jumping and says "We Allow Jumpers" when it goes against 4sq rules. Does anyone else find this strange?
  • MorrMorr May 2012
    @Dan not really, I think many people believe the largest group of jumpers are from that area and its surrounding areas. This company wants to be on the good side of all it's customer base. It could be just simple brand management.
  • BrenBren May 2012
    I think it all comes back to the topic of Jumpers being frowned upon yet helpful to 4sq and if a badge was created saying jumpers allowed then 4sq signed off on it... all the better.
  • vanzvanz May 2012
    Im waiting flight to Bali now..... Can get badge there?
  • JR1JR1 May 2012
    @vanz No you can only get the badge at the venue listed in the unlock instructions. The time conversion chart I made is only so people know when the badge is going to be active at the event venue.
  • ejaymuejaymu May 2012
    Maybe SMART intends to reactivate this badge for future events they will sponsor. That could be the reason why the badge does not identify much with Lady Gaga.
  • MorrMorr May 2012
    @bren You are so correct - jumpers are VERY helpful to 4sq
  • KltpzyxmKltpzyxm May 2012
    Weird! It's still 5 hours before 6PM here in Manila and yet, the place is already swarming with 250+ check-ins with a certain users with @speedsoul in its name...
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List