2011 US Open Badge
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    2011 US Open

How to Unlock:
    1. Follow US Open
    2. Check in to any venue worldwide with the main venue category of "Tennis Court"
    3. Check ins must be between August 29th and September 11th
    OR
    4. Checkin to 2011 US Open Tennis Championships (no follow or shout required if you checkin here)

Badge unlocks worldwide

Unlock instructions verified on: 08/01/2011

US Open Venue:
    http://4sq.com/rbEqPj

Venue List:
    2011 US Open
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    Unlock messages:

If you checkin at the US Open you will get this one:
    "Advantage: you! Congrats on checking in to the US Open- the largest annually attended sporting event in the world. Enjoy 2 weeks of heart-pounding tennis action featuring over 500 players serving up more aces than you can count. Game. Set. Check in!"

If you check in at any other "Tennis Court" in the world you will get this one:
    "Advantage: you! You're entered to win a trip for 2 to attend the Men's Singles Final on Sunday, 9/11 (full rules: bit.ly/qxOu9W). Now volley over to USOpenShop.org with code "4SQBADGE15" for 15% off and a free US Open-used tennis ball (while supplies last) until 9/14."
  • Thanks JR1 appreciate :-))
  • 4bah_9ahuL4bah_9ahuL August 2011
    unlocked ^_^d
  • HarjifangkiHarjifangki August 2011
    Sweet! Got it!
  • DuduDudu August 2011
    Cool! :D Thanks
  • jiaren777 August 2011
    The badge is worldwide. Follow US open --> https://foursquare.com/usopen and then check in to any tennis court (including the actual US Open itself) between now and September 11.
  • KltpzyxmKltpzyxm August 2011
    I agree! I just followed US Open and I checked in at a local tennis court here in Manila and I got the badge! This is the message I got "Advantage: you! You're entered to win a trip for 2 to attend the Men's Singles Final on Sunday, 9/11 (full rules: bit.ly/qxOu9W). Now volley over to USOpenShop.org with code "4SQBADGE__" for 15% off and a free US Open-used tennis ball (while supplies last) until 9/14.{
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    From the US Open 4sqr page:

STEP 1) Follow the US Open on foursquare by clicking the orange “Follow US Open” button above.

STEP 2) Check in to any tennis court (a new foursquare venue category – sweet!) from August 29th through September 5th.

Once completed, you’ll unlock the 2011 US Open foursquare badge and be automatically entered into the Check In To The US Open Sweepstakes. One lucky winner will win a trip for two to New York City to watch the 2011 US Open Men’s Singles Final.

Not a resident of the lower 48 US states? No worries – you can still unlock the 2011 US Open badge by following the US Open and checking in to any tennis court anywhere in the world between August 29th and September 11th. Now there’s an ace!
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    Check-In To The US Open Sweepstakes Official Rules can be found here:

http://usta.usopen.org/US-Open/checkin_to_the_us_open_sweepstakes_rules/

Check in from August 29th through September 5th, unlock the 2011 US Open foursquare badge and be automatically entered into the Check In To The US Open Sweepstakes. One lucky winner will win a trip for two to New York City to watch the 2011 US Open Men’s Singles Final. (Legal US residents only, 18+)
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    For more info on the 2011 US Open check out there page here:

http://2011.usopen.org/en_US/index.html
  • ChaunceChaunce August 2011
    @JR1, the unlock directions above for #2 don't make sense to me. Can you elaborate?
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    @Chaunce If you follow US Open on 4sqr then you can check in to any venue in the world with the main category of "Tennis Court" and unlock the badge. They have it setup so that anyonne in the world can unlock this badge and not just the people that checkin to the US Open venue.
  • DanDan August 2011
    I just checked into at a Local Tennis Court in a park down the street from me and it unlocked:)
  • in my badge list there are two badges for "2011 US Open" i have unlocked one of them..is the other one unlock-able?
  • KltpzyxmKltpzyxm August 2011
    As far as I know, there's only 1 badge. You had probably checked in at the site of 2011 US Open Championships and at the same time, you followed US Open in 4sq. Try to unfollow the US Open in your 4SQ account. You won't lose the badge anyway.

Better yet, check in any venue with category of "tennis Courts". Who knows, you might end up getting two badges. ;)
  • @Kltpzyxm yea you're right, the other one is cuz i'm following their page..
    will try unlocking it :P
    i'll keep you posted :D
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    I have noticed that also. I tried several diffrent things to see if I could unlock a 2nd badge and it just wont happen. As it shows above they do have 2 diffrent unlock messages depending on where you checkin. Prob just a glitch in the system since you have to follow them to unlock the badge at any "tennis court" but do not need to follow them to unlock the badge at the US Open venue.
  • wenghonwenghon August 2011
    Yes, there are 2 different badges. The other unlock says:

2011 US Open
    Advantage: you! You're entered to win a trip for 2 to attend the Men's Singles Final on Sunday, 9/11 (full rules: bit.ly/qxOu9W). Now volley over to USOpenShop.org with code "4SQBADGE15" for 15% off and a free US Open-used tennis ball (while supplies last) until 9/14.
  • JR1JR1 August 2011
    There are 2 diffrent unlock messages. Both of which I have posted in the 1st comment under the unlock instructions the day the badge came out . However it unlocks the same badge. You can not unlock 2 badges for the US Open. You either get the badge for checking in at the US Open or for checking in at a "Tennis Court" not both. I have tried several diffrent things and it is not possible to unlock the badge twice. If you do unlock the badge at the US Open (no follow required) then follow the US Open on 4sqr the badge will show up grayed out in your trophy case. However it is the same badge and you can only get it once. They just have diffrent unlock meaasges for unlocking it the 2 diffrent ways. Thats all...
  • JR1JR1 September 2011
    This badge will be retired at somepoint tommrow sept. 11th (based on the info currently available subject to change). If you do not have this badge yet get it now while you still can.
  • JR1JR1 September 2011
    Badge is now retired
  • jedajeda September 2011
    Still Active!!!
    But you need to C/I to any tennis court around the world.
    I just unlock it a few second ago. :)

Check It: https://foursquare.com/user/11873676/badge/4e6dcc15185001ef2a3a67ec

I c/i @ https://foursquare.com/mobile/v/seward-park-tennis-courts/4e63cc0a483bd9a974e9d2cc
  • JR1JR1 September 2011
    Yea for some reason 4sqr deactivated the badge at midnight. Prob cause that was when it was set to retire origionally by the US Open but then they realized that they would still be playing today and had it reactivated. Or something along those lines. But at midnight when I tested it both ways it was not unlocking.
  • KltpzyxmKltpzyxm September 2011
    The men's final has still to be played. It shouldn't be retired yet.
  • RainWave23RainWave23 September 2011
    Seeing unlocks on twitter this morning. Moving back to active. Today is most likely the last day since the men's final got moved to today due to weather. So get it today or you probably won't get it.
  • JR1JR1 September 2011
    BADGE IS NOW RETIRED
Star Wars Snowflakes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Foursquare Badge List